Rescue Tape (5 feet)
- Manufacturer Astral Adhesives
Rescue Tape is an advanced wrapping tape extruded from high performance silicone rubber, which is ideal wherever a tough, permanently resilient and void-free insulation is required. It ensures a smooth, uniform finished wrap over difficult shapes, such as coils, splices, bus bars and cable harnesses.
Rescue Tape is self-adhering and self-fusing and cures in 24 hours at room temperature. Faster curing and a harder finish can be accomplished by applying heat after wrapping.
- The strength and elasticity of Rescue Tape makes it ideal for automatic wrapping processes, such as for coils, where it protects the coils from the effects of vibration and shock and will not crack or separate with expansion or contraction stresses.
- Low dielectric losses and high insulation resistance of Rescue Tape will not limit performance of a coil over a very wide temperature range. The high thermal conductivity allows generated heat to dissipate rapidly resulting in a lower temperature rise and an increase of available power for a given load.
- The use of Rescue Tape makes it possible to easily and quickly reclaim old motors by over-wrapping deteriorated insulation. By the same process, extra protection may be added to open frame motors or other equipment in difficult or contaminated locations. It may be used in many Class A and Class B applications.
For optimum shelf life, Rescue Tape should be stored in a cool, dry area.
- STRETCH & WRAP, these are the two important aspects which are to be considered during application of Rescue Tape. It’s most important to stretch Rescue Tape to its maximum to get perfect fusing of layers.
- Wrap Rescue Tape around application area by stretching and overlapping onto itself. Ensure that it is stretched at least double to achieve a good bond. The first wrap around the application area should completely overlap onto the previous wrap for proper bonding.
- Continue wrapping Rescue Tape around application area, ensuring at least 50% overlap so that half of the width is covered with the next wrap. Last wrap should completely overlap onto the previous wrap for complete bonding.
- For additional layer, use same application procedure.
Rescue Tape works on either side.